Vacancy (1 fte) for a Superintendent
As Superintendent you are part of the Technical department and will report to the Managing Director responsible for Technical and Crewing Shipmanagement. In this function you will assess and report on the nautical and technical condition and operational expenses of the vessels assigned to you and improve the performance of the shipboard staff. You will support the company’s safety and environmental policy. On occasions international traveling will be required for example on inspections and scheduled dry dockings.
- having the managerial role towards shipboard staff when it comes to performance, regular maintenance, procurement, compliance, budget, reports and repairs. Therefore you will be the first contact for the vessel’s staff regarding day-to-day technical and nautical management;
- technical-related unplanned off hires, port state control and class inspections, periodic maintenance and surveys;
- motivating, developing and improving senior shipboard staff performance for maximum efficiency, flexibility and quality delivered;
- arranging technical support for the vessels;
- monitoring maintenance and class status;
- scheduling and supervising repairs, inspections and dry dockings on board the vessels;
- preparing ships’ budget and submitting for approval;
- controlling allocated budget.
- The ideal candidate should have:
- Marof / HBO education completed;
- Minimum 5 years working experience as ships’ engineer and relevant shore-based experience;
- strong verbal communicating skills in English (and Dutch);
- good written communication, reporting and administrative skills;
- target focused: zero off hires, zero damages, no injuries, no accidents, high crew retention;
- strong planning and organizational skills; and
- flexible “24/7” attitude.
What has ForestWave to offer to you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment;
- possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- good remuneration in line with experience and future development; and
- dedicated and experienced colleagues.
Interested in applying for the job?
No agency acquisitions
Applications, including résumé, should be addressed to:
ForestWave Navigation B.V.
9727 DL Groningen
Attn. Mrs. R. de Groot-Laan