Senior Superintendent (1 fte)
Due to expansion of our fleet we have a vacancy for a Senior Superintendent.
As Senior Superintendent you are part of the Technical department, where all day to day activities are dealt with. You will report to the Technical Director. In this function you are responsible for the operational condition and performance of the vessels assigned to you and the performance of the shipboard staff on board these vessels. Focus on your job is also to continuously improve and assess and regularly report on the nautical and technical condition and operational expenses of the vessels. You will support and advocate the company’s safety and environmental policy. On a regular basis, international traveling will be required to check the general performance of your vessels and their shipboard crew and reporting of your conclusions in writing.
- Having the managerial role towards shipboard staff when it comes to performance, regular maintenance and repairs, procurement, compliance, safety and environmental awareness, budget and reporting. Therefore, you will be the first contact for the vessel’s staff regarding day-to-day technical and nautical management;
- Technical-related unplanned off hires, port state control and class inspections, periodic maintenance and surveys;
- Motivating, developing and improving senior shipboard staff performance for maximum efficiency, flexibility, quality delivered and safety and environmental awareness;
- Arranging technical support for the vessels;
- Monitoring maintenance and class status;
- Scheduling and supervising repairs and inspections on board the vessels and dry dockings;
- Preparing ship’s budget and submitting for approval; and
- Controlling allocated budget and timely reporting on deviations.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Marof / HBO education completed;
- Minimum 5 years working experience as ships’ engineer and relevant shore-based experience;
- Cross culture awareness and strong verbal communicating skills in English;
- Good written communication, reporting and administrative skills;
- Target focused: zero off hires, zero damages, no injuries, no accidents, high crew retention;
- Strong planning and organisational skills; and
- Flexible “24/7” attitude.
What has ForestWave to offer to you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment;
- Possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- Good remuneration in line with experience and future development (including a company car and solid pension plan); and
- Dedicated and experienced colleagues.
Applications, including résumé, should be and addressed to:
ForestWave Navigation B.V.
9727 DL Groningen
No agency acquisition