Operator Dry Cargo
Operator Dry Cargo
For our company Schulte & Bruns Nederland BV we are looking for a candidate for the position of Operator Dry Cargo to strengthen our chartering team in our Groningen office.
You will be responsible for the daily operations of a number of vessels, whereby you have frequent contact with our captains, agents and customers. In this position you will report to the Managing Operations Department.
Schulte & Bruns is active in chartering and is operating modern tonnage between 4.000 and 12.000 tons multi-purpose vessels carrying dry bulk, break-bulk, containers and project cargoes. Our fleet is managed from a network of offices in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Spain.
Our principal trades are within the North Sea, Baltic Sea, the Mediterranean Sea as well as the Atlantic Basin.
As Operator Dry Cargo you:
- are the one in charge for all operational and post-fixing matters for all vessels assigned to you;
- schedule the voyages and procure all voyage related services with captains and port agents;
- ensure all contractual terms and conditions are met;
- do the administrative voyage filing and prompt analysis of voyage results and commercial performance of the vessels;
- prepare and control cargo documents, invoices and disbursement accounts;
- manage bunkering operations;
- perform laytime calculation; and
- do the claims handling of cargo related issues.
The ideal candidate should have:
- a shipping education with relevant qualifications;
- experience as vessel operator with practical expertise in shipping;
- expertise in international shipping and contract law;
- commercial, negotiating, analytical and reporting skills;
- a 24/7 mentality;
- good communication skills, a team player mentality, accuracy, initiative and a service minded attitude;
- a logical approach to problems and capability to work under pressure; and
- excellent knowledge of English, verbal and in writing. German and/or French is an advantage.
What can Schulte & Bruns Nederland offer you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment;
- Possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- Good remuneration in line with experience and future development;
- Dedicated and experienced colleagues;
- International working environment.
Applications, including résumé, should be addressed to:
Schulte & Bruns Nederland B.V.
Attn. Mr. Kjell Kottkamp
No agency acquisition please