Marine Quality Inspector
Marine Quality Inspector (1 fte)
We are looking for a new member of our team to strengthen the Technical and Quality Departments.
As Marine Quality Inspector you will visit our vessels on a regular basis and you will join the vessels periodically for a roundtrip to provide the crew with tools and knowledge of the safety management system (SMS) and company protocols. You will be based in Groningen.
To improve compliance with the Safety Management System troughout the company.
- To check and safeguard the procedures as described in the SMS;
- To assess compliance with the SMS and company protocols by the crew onboard;
- To educate the ship’s crew to comply with SMS and improve safety and environmental awareness;
- To provide practical support to the crew on using the SMS;
- To train the crew on board concerning operational matters;
- To inspect statutory and class certificates onboard; and
- To maintain the appearance of the vessels at a high level by instructing all crew onboard.
- To check and safeguard nautical processes and standards;
- To follow up on Internal QA, Class, Flag state & Port state reports;
- To report to the QHSE Manager and the Technical Manager; and
- Advise on maritime rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have relevant education in the Maritime Industry and/or Certificate of competency as Master all ships and at least 5-year experience as MAROF 1, Chief Officer or Master;
- Have experience with general and project cargo vessels;
- Be able to communicate in English without hesitation to office, crew and authorities both verbally and in writing;
- Be dedicated, detailed and cooperative;
- Take ownership and responsibility;
- Focus on cost effectiveness while keeping the fleet at high cosmetic level and minimizing down time due to human errors;
- Have technical knowledge and affinity for the engine room equipment; and
- Be confident, a team player and have problem solving 24/7 mentality.
What has ForestWave to offer you:
- A challenging role as a Marine professional in which you can share your knowledge and experience with the crew on board;
- Good remuneration in line with experience and future development (including a solid pension plan;
- A new role within our fleet team with the possibility to improve standards on board. And in the future; assist with developing new procedures and improvements;
- A position based in Groningen, with frequent visits to our vessels incl. spending time on board with short voyages; and
- Dedicated and experienced colleagues.
Applications, including résumé, should be and addressed to:
ForestWave Navigation B.V.
9727 DL Groningen
No agency acquisition
ForestWave is a young shipping company founded in 2003 and growing rapidly since 2011.
We are active in the multi-purpose shortsea segment. The vessels we operate are in the size range between 4.000 and 12.000 ton carrying capacity, most of these fly Dutch flag, have ice class and cranes. Our fleet is operated mainly in European waters and the Atlantic Basin.
Our activities include commercial management (25 vessels), technical and crew management (11 vessels) and ship owning.
Today we employ an office staff of 32 people and on board of our vessels about 200 seafarers.
Our focus is to offer our customers excellent and spot on service and to operate the vessels efficiently by operating and manning these with well trained and flexible personnel in order to not only meet the expectations of the charterers and owners, but also go the extra mile.