Crew Manager 32 – 40 hours per week.
Due to expansion of our fleet we have a vacancy for a fulltime Crew Manager.
You will have a shared responsibility for the crewing operations and crewing policy in cooperation with your colleague (Manager of the Crewing Department) and will report to the Managing Director.
Together with your colleague you will manage the entire fleet. You will be solely responsible for your part (6-10 vessels). In consultation you will divide the tasks, both operational and in terms of policy.
The Crew Manager:
- Is responsible for recruitment and selection of crew;
- Is responsible for the crew planning and identifying upcoming vacancies;
- Directs and checks the manning agency that qualified and certified crew are ready in a timely matter;
- Coordinates, executes and communicates crew changes to all parties involved, including making all necessary arrangements for obtaining required visa, flight tickets, accommodation and transportation in the most cost-efficient way;
- Monitors, registers and evaluates performance and development of crew;
- Keeps data in the crew management program up to date;
- Monitors and arranges all required crew documentation, certification and trainings;
- Periodically visits our vessels;
- Is responsible for the budget of the assigned vessels.
The ideal candidate should have:
- An intellectual and professional level at least equivalent to a completed MBO/HBO Dutch education (intentional Vocational education or Bachelor’s degree);
- Relevant working experience in a crewing department and/or maritime experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of STCW/ILO/MLC/flag state requirements;
- Excellent command of the English language at business level both verbally and in writing;
- Good communication skills, a team player mentality, accuracy, initiative and a service minded attitude;
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills;
- A 24/7 mentality;
- The ability to work under pressure.
What can ForestWave Navigation offer you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a growing, ambitious yet friendly global environment;
- Possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- Good remuneration in line with experience and future development;
- Dedicated and experienced colleagues;
- International working environment.
English applications, including résumé, should be addressed to:
ForestWave Navigation B.V.
Attn. Mr. Sam Gombra
No agency acquisition please