Cargo Engineer (m/v)
CARGO ENGINEER (m/f)
In this position you support our chartering team, who books project cargoes for vessels, and our people on board of the vessels, who are responsible for loading and unloading and for the stability and safety of our ships.
Our (potential) clients often require an AutoCAD drawing, which not only shows that their cargo fits in our ships but also that their cargo is properly secured.
Your role is therefore not only to make these drawings and stowage plans but also to convince the clients that their cargo will be transported safely and responsibly with our ships and to support our crew on board with advice on how to stow and lash the cargo.
You report to the Manager Operations Chartering.
- Assisting in making stowage plans and stability calculations for ships;
- Providing insight into strength / construction calculations;
- Assisting in making lashing and securing plans;
- Keeping records of lashing equipment and inventory management;
- Assisting in the purchase of lashing material;
- Making Method Statements.
- Completed training as an Engineer at MBO level;
- Good control of AutoCAD;
- Creative in coming up with technical & nautical solutions;
- Good control in MS office products (especially Excel) and affinity with computer and automation systems;
- Strong verbal communications skills in English (and Dutch);
- Used to work under time-pressure;
- Nautical experience is an advantage.
What has ForestWave to offer to you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment;
- possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- good remuneration in line with experience and future development; and
- dedicated and experienced colleagues.
Interested in applying for the job?
No agency acquisitions
Applications, including résumé, should be addressed to:
ForestWave Navigation B.V.
9727 DL Groningen
Attn. Mrs. R. de Groot-Laan